SEIU 503 members employed by Alvord-Taylor won a 3-year contract settlement this week that includes an average 10% raise, increased bonuses, and additional holidays and PTO.
Our bargaining team, composed entirely of members, spent countless hours meeting to prepare proposals and counter-proposals. This team single-handedly distributed and collected well over 100 bargaining surveys from their co-workers. Their hard work and perseverance resulted in a contract that provides greater economic security for all.
Highlights of the settlement include:
- 3-year agreement, retaining funding change re-openers.
- Average 10% (8.1-12% range) wage increase retroactive to 1/6/20 (moving the average DSP wage from $13.91 to $15.30)
- 1 additional floating Holiday
- Increases in shift and longevity bonuses
- Paid time for new employee orientation
- Improved access language
- Increase PTO cap from 156 to 200 hours
- Allows new employees to access PTO at 91 days (currently 6 months)
- Creates a standing health insurance committee
- Consolidates earned time off into one accrual rate (previously 3) and renamed it PTO
- Adds an accrual for PTO that allows employees to accrue on all hours worked up to 100 per pay period