Nursing Home workers in our union were successful in lobbying the legislature in Salem, and we are going to be seeing our biggest raise yet this year! We’ve come out in big numbers in 2013, 2014, and in 2015. We advocated for quality care and better funding for the programs that help our residents, and our work at the Capitol paid off yet again.
This year’s increase will be a total of $0.61 and next year’s increases will be a total of $1.05!
Since 2013, we’ve seen the following increases:
- $0.70/hr in October 2013 and new regional wage scales
- $0.35/hr step increases in October 2014
- $0.26/hr increase to the regional wage scales in July 2015
- $0.35/hr step increase in October 2015
In 2016 we will see the following increases:
- $0.70 increase to the regional wage scales in July 2016
- $0.35 step increase in October 2016
That makes a total of $2.71 per hour increases in three years!