SEIU Local 89 is an inclusive movement to grow power for all classified staff.
Vision: We are recognized as essential and valued contributors to PSU’s Mission.
Participation is critical for our chapter to remain effective. A large amount of work is needed, mostly on a volunteer a basis, to carry out the functions. When there is a shortage of volunteers, operations begin to suffer, making the union less valuable to the campus. There is a variety of help that is needed, with most of the positions offering potential to learn and grow. Many people at Portland State University have offered their help when able, and all of the help over the years is greatly appreciated. If you are interested in volunteering your time to help our local, please contact Joe Cartino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The membership of Local 89 elects the following officers for a two-year term. The current term of service runs May 1, 2018 through April 30, 2020. Click here for a list of officer duties.
- President: Bill Harris: (503) 725-5578 email@example.com
- Vice-President: Xavier Oberlander: (503)-725-3680 Xavier@pdx.edu
- Secretary: Sam Huck: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Rob Fullmer: (503) 725-8047 email@example.com
- Bargaining Delegates
- Council Delegates
Union Stewards enforce the collective bargaining agreement and represent classified staff when facing disciplinary action. Stewards are given training in grievances and leadership. Portland State University is allowed twelve stewards in Portland, and one at Salem Center.
Co- Chief Stewards:
- Marc Nisenfeld: (503) 725-3826 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rob Fullmer: (503) 725-8047 email@example.com
- Bill Harris: (503) 725-5578 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Xavier Oberlander: (503)-725-3680 Xavier@pdx.edu
- George Kaforous: (971) 246-3841 email@example.com
- Michael McBride: (503) 725-3738 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rhett Sullivan: (503) 725-9176 email@example.com
- Matt Swetnam (503) 725-3623 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shayne Stone (503) 849-9865 email@example.com
- David Philbert 503-413-0743 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alisa Stull: email@example.com
Contract Action Team
The contract action team is responsible for the distribution of information and person to person contact on campus. They are vital in communications of our chapter to classified staff. Without enough CAT members, it’s difficult to effectively reach the membership.