Jackson County SEIU 503 reached a settlement in their contract negotiations that includes strong COLA increases, no changes to health care costs or coverage, adding Juneteenth as a paid holiday, and more. This contract would not have been possible without the contributions of our member leaders on the bargaining team. They were laser-focused on winning the best contract possible. And we believe this settlement reflects that goal. The bargaining team included Melody Voskanian, Amber Freitas, Glenda Crenshaw, Del Hackworth, Thom Kneeland, and Daniel Ortiz.
- COLAs (cost of living adjustments) of 8-15% over the life of the contract:
- July 1, 2022 – 5%
- July 1, 2023 – 2-5% based on Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- July 1, 2024 – 1-5% CPI
- Implements a class and compensation study where 93% of members will see an increase in their classification’s top pay (1-26% increase in top pay for members and 55% percent of workers currently topped out will no longer be topped out).
- Maintains status quo on health insurance
- Adds Juneteenth as a paid holiday
- Increases on-call compensation from $2 to $4 per hour
- County will pay for job required certifications (a top priority for members)
- Makes contract gender neutral