The City of Beaverton bargaining team voted to sign a Tentative Agreement! The TA is final after the bargaining unit members vote on it. This agreement gives us a financial boost and greatly expands support for parents and caregivers, health insurance, and education.
Here a few highlights of the Tentative Agreement:
- A 3-year contract with a 2.05% COLA.
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Foster Care Placement leave goes from 2 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Pregnancy loss is now a qualifier for bereavement leave.
- Allows for 12 hours annually to volunteer with nonpolitical community organizations during paid work hours.
- Protected health insurance: our new contract would guarantee that the city pays 95% of our premiums for full-time employees.
- City has agreed to online learning fees being covered for reimbursement.
- A program has been created to allow employees in financial need to apply to receive tuition prior to classes starting.