The SEIU Local 503, OPEU Board of Directors makes organizational decisions to consider employers/companies as unfair and/or place them on a Do Not Patronize list. In addition, SEIU Local 503, OPEU endorsed the AFL-CIO Do Not Patronize/Unfair List. The basis for placement of an employer on the list is anti-labor conduct including, but not limited to, the following: failure to sign a labor agreement; commission of an unfair labor practice; violations of state or federal laws or rules; utilization of non-union labor; utilization or promotion of no-union goods or services; anti-union practices; failure to provide workers with fair and equitable wages and benefits, decent hours and working conditions.
SEIU Local 503 Unfair/Do Not Patronize List:
- Burgerville – 1/20/2018
For not signing a contract with the Burgerville Workers Union.
- Papa John’s Pizza – 11/18/2017
Anti-union practices, anti-minimum wage and anti-affordable care act.
Oregon AFL-CIO Unfair/Do Not Patronize List:
- Fog Cutter Capital Group, Inc. & Granite Investments (Nationwide)
Because of their business connections to Andrew Weiderhorn, Jeffrey Grayson, Dean Kirkland and Capital Consultants, whose financial manipulations caused the loss of $350 million in union pension fund assets.
- Plympton & Associates (Statewide)
Union busting activities.
- Shilo Inns (Statewide)
Contributor to the Ballot Measure 8 (6% PERS pick-up) campaign.
- WalMart (Statewide)
Anti-union practices nationally and in Oregon and its refusal to accept charitable donations from an affiliated union local in Oregon.
National AFL-CIO Unfair/Do Not Patronize List
Food & Beverage:
- Reynolds American Inc. – Vuse e-cigarettes
- Mondelez/Nabisco “Made in Mexico” snack foods
- Palermo’s Pizza Palermo brand pizza, “Classics” brand pizza and Costco’s Kirkland brand pizza
- Gleason, Dunn, Walsh & O’Shea
- McDonald, Lamond, Canzoneri & Hickernell