SEIU members are choosing to stick with our union for many reasons. When more people choose to be in union, wages and benefits are better because we can bargain from a position of strength.
So what does a good contract mean to you?
- ✅ Better wages and benefits.
- ✅ Save thousands on healthcare premiums.
- ✅ A contract, union stewards and organizers who make sure you get treated fairly at work.
- ✅ Member-only advantages like free college courses, up to $20,000 in life insurance, and discounts on everything from travel to legal advice.
All of this possible because people like you choose to be a member in union.
Recent Worksite Wins
- The Member Resource Center wins nearly $100,000 in lost wages for SEIU members every year. Just recently, a member in Dallas won $46,000 in back pay that was owed to them!
- When an employee at Marion County Public Works was facing discrimination, SEIU members rallied and stormed two consecutive County Commissioner meetings resulting in the removal of two offending supervisors and the launch of a county-wide cultural audit.
- Workers in Tillamook received a letter of expectations with unreasonable demands from management. A new steward in the office organized a meeting to push back as a group. Management completely folded and wrote the unit an apology acknowledging the letter was not the best way to communicate in a supportive way.
With the SEIU Free College Benefit, eligible SEIU members and their families can earn an Associate Degree or Certificate online without having to pay for tuition, fees or e-books.
Members received a FREE $2,500 life insurance policy.
Through our exclusive rewards program, SEIU members receive discounts on everything from phone bills to legal advice to holiday gifts.
Unions dues are 1.7% of your salary + $2.75/month. That’s a great deal considering what you get.