The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) helps low- to moderate-income workers and families get a tax break. If you qualify, you can use the credit to reduce the taxes you owe – and maybe increase your refund.
To qualify, you must:
- Have earned under the income cap.
- Have investment income below $3,650 in the tax year you claim the credit
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Claim a certain filing status
- Be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien all year
How to Claim this Credit
Get instructions on how to claim the EITC for past tax years.
Find information on: