On May 26, the bargaining team met with management until pretty late into the evening. Our top priorities remain supporting a better work-life balance, improving stewards’ rights and increasing workplace safety. We passed a lot during the last session and await management’s response.
Management proposed two packages, which included:
- Article 122.3 – an increase in the tool allowance alongside rejecting our proposal that ODFW provide uniforms rather than a capped reimbursement.
- Article 10.3 – revision on stewards’ rights.
- ODFW housing and CDL revisions.
We responded to management with proposals on:
- Article 70.3B – improving conditions for any future OPRD layoffs given experience with covid in 2020.
- ODFW counters on housing, CDLs and scheduling.
We continued conversations on:
- Article 103.3 – Safeguards for handling hostile members of the public.
- ODFW scheduling.
- Stewards’ rights.
We are hitting a point in bargaining when we need a show of support to push for our positions. Here’s how you can help:
- Send an email to the Department of Administrative Services in support of your bargaining team.
- Attend our 30 min virtual bargaining session at 6PM on June 9th. Contact Lesley Adams if you are interested in supporting your team.
- Talk to your co-workers about bargaining and share this quick online action with them.
- Join us for a Teletown hall on Thursday, June 24 at 6:30pm to hear a bargaining update and discuss next steps. Our Teletown hall system will directly call you when the meeting starts, and we will email you the week of the event with details.