Here’s the latest from the ODOT Coalition Bargaining Team, your member-elected representatives who negotiate on behalf of workers at ODOT, DMV, ODFW, ODF, OPRD, OWRD, ODA and DOGAMI.
On May 12, the bargaining team met again with management to discuss proposals on the table, identify areas of agreement and pass counter proposals. Among our top priorities are supporting a better work-life balance, improving stewards’ rights and increasing workplace safety. Current contract and Letters of Agreement can be accessed here.
We responded to management with several proposal packages
- The first package would withdraw our proposal for on-call changes (Article 34.3A), accept a management proposal for filling vacancies at ODF (Article 45.3C), and continues our proposal to expand safety language for working with sensitive or difficult members of the public to all agencies in the coalition (expanding Article 103.3 to all agencies in the coalition).
- Our second package addresses various existing Letters of Agreement:
– Incorporate LOA for Overtime Premium Pay at ODOT and OPRD
– Incorporate LOA for holiday scheduling at DMV
– Incorporate LOA for vacation requests at OPRD
– Sunset LOA for 2020 seasonal employees at OPRD
– Incorporate LOA for Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer work schedules
– Incorporate LOA for Astoria Drawbridge Operations
– Continue LOA until June 20, 2021 for ODF LMC re Article 122.3C.
– Sunset LOA for Internet Usage Review at OWRD
We countered to a management package
Article 122.3 (Uniforms, Protective Clothing and Tools) – various sections here related to all agencies in the coalition.
Management passed only one item this session
Article 90.3A – schedules for ODOT. Management is agreeing with us on some components, but continues to reject our proposal to add “Incident Response” to lunch period language.
We are hitting a point in bargaining when we need a show of support to push for our positions. Please take action in support of our bargaining team:
- Contact Lesley Adams if you are interested in attending a bargaining session on a Wednesday evening in June to support your team.
- Talk to your co-workers about bargaining and share this online action with them.
- Attend our next ODOT Coalition gathering on May 27. Information below.
Activate the ODOT Coalition
Members from the ODOT bargaining team will host a virtual update gathering on Thursday, May 27 from 5:30-6:30pm. Join us to hear progress and ask questions about our negotiations on wages, benefits and other workplace issues.