The Union Difference
- Guaranteed wages and benefits. Union members receive annual wage increases and access to top-notch benefits.
- Representation at work. Union members are there for each other when we need it most, like when facing false accusations or wrongful termination. Stewards at worksites around the state, and the Member Resource Center at SEIU offices, are there for you.
State & Higher Ed
- $367.80 per month. That’s the extra money in your pocket each month (on average) thanks to the healthcare benefits negotiated in our contract
- $407 per month. That’s the extra money in your retirement account each month (on average) thanks to our contract
- 12 days. The number of vacation days accrued by our contract in each year of employment (accrual amount increase with each fifth year of employment)
- 8 hours. The amount of sick pay our contract accrues for you each month
- $572 per month. That’s the extra money you’re paid per month (on average) compared to non-union local government workers throughout the country
- 10 days. The number of vacation days accrued (on average) by our contract in the first year of employment (accrual amount increases over time)
- 7.7 hours. The hours of sick pay (on average) our contracts accrue for each month