After months of negotiations, your bargaining team has struck a deal with management on a new contract. Now all hours worked will be paid at the higher personal care rate including our drive time, our vacation, our sick time, and holidays. These changes along with raises for all workers, amount to an 11.5% increase over the next 10 months. We also won an extra sick day, better protections against sexual harassment, and a real voice in creating the training program we need to keep ourselves and our clients safe.
“These changes are a big step forward. We won because we organized together to show our strength. We need to keep this momentum going by getting involved in our union”. – Irene Hunt, pictured below (blue shirt, second from the left) with your bargaining team.
NEW WAGE SCALE FOR ALL WORKERS FOR ALL HOURS:
|STEP||SEPTEMBER 1, 2019||WAGE RATE|
|STEP||SEPTEMBER 1, 2020||WAGE RATE|
OTHER CONTRACT VICTORIES:
- Seniority Rights. Employee’s rehired within 6 months of their voluntary termination will retain their seniority.
- All vacation, holiday, and sick time paid at the new, higher personal care rate.
- 1 additional sick day.
- Sexual harassment protections that include record-keeping so that new workers don’t continually cycle through unsafe homes.
- Full Time Employees at 30 hours per week.
- Up to 3 days of bereavement leave (unpaid) when a long-time client passes away.
- Union Rights: We now get 30 minutes to talk to new employees about our union (previously was 20 minutes). We are able to use employees’ cubbies to communicate about Union issues.
- A contractual right to collaborate on what training is provided.
“I’ve been with Addus for over 20 years. This is the highest wage increase I have ever seen and by far the best contract we have ever won. I want to thank all of you who stood behind us because we could not have done it without you”. – Lorna Burnell