72,000 people. 700 elected leaders. All working together for better wages and benefits, a voice on the job, and to grow our union.
SEIU 503 is a democratic, member-run union. Every two years, we elect more than 700 leaders to a variety of positions, such as the Board of Directors, sub local officers, and statewide officers. The people in these roles will shape the work of our Union over the next two years as we bargain strong contracts, represent workers, and grow.
Running for office and voting in union elections is the best way that you can shape the course of our Union. Your voice matters. Add it to the conversation.
Special Election for Client-Employed Providers and Private Homecare Agency Members
At the SEIU Local 503 General Council held in August 2022, the elected delegates to General Council voted to increase the number of Board members who are client-employed providers or who work at a private homecare agency so that the SEIU Local 503 Board of Directors better represents the number of homecare, personal support, and personal care attendants in our Union. At General Council, the delegates also voted to adopt ranked choice voting for Board of Director elections. Nominations opened on Monday, October 24, 2022, and closed on Friday, November 11, 2022. Ballots will be mailed by Ryder Election Services in Bend, Oregon on December 1, 2022, and must be returned to Ryder Election Services by December 21, 2022, at 12:00pm (noon). If you have questions, contact email@example.com, your organizer, or the Member Assistance Center at 1-844-503-SEIU (7348).
This election will be our first Board of Directors election using ranked choice voting. Learn more about ranked choice voting here.
- Notice of SEIU Local 503 Special Board of Directors Election and Nominations
- Letter to Candidates with Election Information Overview for 2022 Special Election
- Nomination form for Homecare Special Election
- Voters’ Pamphlet
- Replacement Ballot Requests
- 2022 Statewide Officer and Board of Election Results
- 2022 Statewide Office and Board Election Notice of Nominations and Elections
- 2022 Statewide Office and Board Election Overview of Elections Information
- 2022 Statewide Office and Board Candidate Statements
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Download our Members Guide To Sub-Local Elections (pdf)
- 2022 Sub Local Election Results
- Click here to view a map of Board geographic regions.
- Learn more about General Council
Or, check out information about our current leadership.