Last night, our SEIU Child Care team reached a contract settlement with the State. This tentative agreement represents some of SEIU 503 child care providers’ biggest wins ever!
- Two wage increases in all areas and age groups effective January 1, 2016 and January 1, 2017 (increases ranging from 5-18%)
- A four-year contract with a guarantee that we will negotiate wages again in 2017
- We took a stand for providers in rural areas who have been left behind and moved toward a system that is fair and equitable for all providers
- Protected our in-person paid orientations for new workers to learn about the program and training options
- Won contract language ensuring providers will get renewal paperwork in a more timely fashion so that providers don’t have to work without pay during the renewal process
- Won a pathway to save for retirement through our legislative action
In addition to our wins at the table, providers and families won big in the legislature this year. Thanks to hundreds of SEIU 503 members’ emails, calls, and in-person meetings with legislators, we passed House Bill 2015. This law improves families’ access to affordable child care, increases stability for parents who qualify for subsidies, and invests in rate increases for providers.
These wins are only possible because child care workers like us have chosen to stand strong together in our union. If you aren’t already a member, please click here to become a member today!
In the coming weeks, our bargaining team will be calling with more details and information about how you can vote on this exciting contract. We’re looking forward to talking with you soon!