On June 15, 2021, SEIU 503 Board of Directors approved a new membership group within our union, The Veterans Caucus. The caucus’s vision will be:
- To support veterans by providing a safe and welcoming space for all voices to be heard by
- Recognizing that veterans come from all different backgrounds and experiences, and that not all veterans are visible
- Providing an open door and welcoming all veterans, allies, family members, and coworkers
- To amplify the voices of veterans, family members, coworkers, and allies through:
- Sharing veterans’ stories
- Educational events
- To support those transitioning to civilian life by:
- Ensuring veterans have resources, such as mental health and wellness
- Educating veterans and their coworkers about veterans’ rights, such as protected leave from work related to deployment.
Staff Advisory: Francesca Edmonds and Matthew Wilson. Contact email@example.com to get involved.