TO: Candidates for Board of Director (BOD) and Assistant Director BOD positions.
FR: The SEIU Local 503 Election Committee
RE: ELECTION INFORMATION OVERVIEW
At the SEIU Local 503 General Council held in August 2022, the elected delegates to General Council voted to increase the number of Board members who are client-employed providers or who work at a private homecare agency. This change will ensure better representation of the number of homecare, personal support, and personal care attendants on our Board of Directors. At General Council, the delegates also voted to adopt ranked choice voting for Board of Directors elections.
As a result of this change to our Union’s Bylaws, a special ranked choice vote election will be held to elect three (3) additional Board Directors and three (3) additional Assistant Directors who are members employed as client-employed providers (including homecare, personal support, and personal care attendants) or at private homecare agencies. Only members employed in these areas who are members by the nomination close date are eligible to vote in the election. Nomination forms will be made available on Monday, October 24, 2022, and nominations close on Friday, November 11, 2022, at 5:00pm.
Union officers (including SWO and BOD) are covered by the Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA) a Federal Labor Law that sets guidelines for the conduct of officer elections. These elections must also conform to procedures and rules set out in SEIU Local 503, OPEU governing documents. Please make yourself familiar with those procedures and rules (see Bylaws, Article XV — Elections — available at seiu503.org) as well as the information in this packet.
This packet includes:
- SEIU 503 Statewide Officers and Board of Directors Election Guidelines
- Ranked Choice Voting Information (Note: This may be updated to address new questions received about ranked choice voting since this is our first Board of Directors election using this method. Please check back regularly for updates.)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Link to Statewide Officer Elections Contributions & Expenditures Report Form: https://forms.office.com/r/tV1AAVintX
- Link to Candidate Email Request Form: https://seiu503.tfaforms.net/628
- Link to Candidate Mail Request Form: https://seiu503.tfaforms.net/143
Questions or concerns from candidates and campaign managers should be directed to email@example.com. Should you disagree with the response(s) you receive, you may respond appealing to the Chair of the Elections Committee, Linda Burgin, who will coordinate with the Elections Committee as needed. The Board approved committee includes: Chair: Linda Burgin. Members: Greg Ledbetter, James Jacobson, and Twila Jacobsen.