Your bargaining team has reached a tentative agreement with your employer. With the support and strength of all of you, your bargaining team sent a strong message to Fortis and the successor employer and was able to secure a two-year agreement to make sure all employees are protected during the upcoming transition of the facility to the new operator.
We will be holding ratification meetings at Meadow Park on Friday, September 29th from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm and from 9 pm to 10:30 pm. If you have any questions or for more information please contact your bargaining team or your Union organizer Silvia Ruiz at 503-360-4535.
We were able to negotiate the following:
- Two-year contract,
- Salary increases of 2% across the board and 2% increase to the starting wages every six months (October 1st and April 1st for the next two years),
- Shift differential of $0.25 cents per hour for evening shift,
- Part time employees will be able to accrue sick leave hours according to the new sick leave law,
- Improvements around the notification from the employer to employees when they make changes to the monthly schedule due to emergency situations, and for permanent changes,
- Extension of the grievance timelines to three weeks (employees can submit grievances within 15 business days from the day they’re notified of the incident or discipline),
- New employees attending new hire trainings will be assigned to work with a certified CNA.