- The average Arete worker will see an 18% increase over the life of the contract.
- On 1/1/2023, 1/1/2024, and 1/1/2025, all workers will get a 3% COLA plus one step up the wage scale, equal to an additional 3%. Any employee who is paid above the wage scale will receive a 4% wage increase.
Bonuses and differentials
- Inflation Bonus of $500, on first pay day after ratification
- Perfect Attendance bonus of $100 per pay period for Full-Time / $75 per pay period for Part-Time if you work all scheduled shifts and clock in and out on time
- Memory care differential of an additional $.25 per hour paid for all hours worked by any employee assigned to a memory care wing.
Essential Worker Healthcare Trust
- Excellent quality affordable healthcare. More info at essentialworkerhealth.org
- Monthly premiums: $35 for worker only, $70 for worker + spouse, $105 for family
Paid Time Off
- Add Juneteenth as a paid holiday
- Improve Paid Time Off accrual bank amounts
- Improved language for use of PTO, new language covering Paid Leave Oregon.
Job protections and quality of care
- Staff to have right to enforce Oregon’s new acuity-based staffing requirements in Assisted living facilities
- Extra Shifts and the Emergency Use of Mandation: Strong contract language that limits Arete from mandating staff, except in emergencies. Mandation cannot be used as a regular staffing tool, is limited to 4 hours and mandated staff receive an additional $10 per hour.
- Guarantee that staff may speak languages other than English with residents and families at their request and with co-workers. This is current federal law.
- No more temporary bargaining unit employees
- Staff at unrepresented facilities to have right to join the union through a process free from intimidation or reprisal.
New Wage Scale
Effective 1/1/2024. Represents a 3% increase from 2023 scale.
|Steps||Cook||Diet. Aide, Wait Staff, Act. Asst, Bus Driver, Hskpg, Laundry, Receptionist||Caregiver||Med Tech|
Drop-in Zoom Q&A about the Tentative Agreement
Thursday August 24, 10-11am and 3:30-4:30 pm
Join Zoom meeting here
Vote to ratify our new contract!
All votes will be at your facility at shift changes on the date specified: 5:30-6:30 am and 1:20 – 2:30 pm
Suzanne Elise, Sherwood, Sandy: August 28
Bethany, Hillsboro, Seaside: August 29
St Helens, Newberg: August 30