SEIU members are choosing to stick with our union for many reasons. When more people choose to be in union, wages and benefits are better because we can bargain from a position of strength.
So what does a good contract mean to you?
- ✅ Better wages and benefits.
- ✅ Save thousands on healthcare premiums.
- ✅ A contract, union stewards and organizers who make sure you get treated fairly at work.
- ✅ Member-only advantages like free college courses, up to $20,000 in life insurance, and discounts on everything from travel to legal advice.
All of this possible because people like you choose to be a member in union.
Recent Worksite Wins
Winning strong contracts – 2019
In 2019 we won the best round of contracts in more than a decade. Together, SEIU members raised our wages, protected or expanded benefits, and improved the lives of ourselves, our families and our communities.
Raising revenue for public services – 2019
SEIU 503 members led the fight for the Student Success Act, legislation that raised revenue from large corporations to support schools and public services that all Oregonians rely on.
Preserving health care for all Oregonians – 2017
300,000 people were at risk of being kicked off the Oregon Health Plan and losing their coverage in 2017. SEIU 503 members fought to pass a tax on hospitals and health care providers that cut the state budget deficit by $550 million, ensuring funding for OHP through 2019.
SEIU members stick together:
- The Member Resource Center wins nearly $100,000 in lost wages for SEIU members every year. Just recently, a member in Dallas won $46,000 in back pay that was owed to them!
- When an employee at Marion County Public Works was facing discrimination, SEIU members rallied and stormed two consecutive County Commissioner meetings resulting in the removal of two offending supervisors and the launch of a county-wide cultural audit.
With the SEIU Free College Benefit, eligible SEIU members and their families can earn an Associate Degree or Certificate online without having to pay for tuition, fees or e-books.
Members received a FREE $2,500 life insurance policy.
Through our exclusive rewards program, SEIU members receive discounts on everything from phone bills to legal advice to holiday gifts.
Unions dues are 1.7% of your salary + $2.75/month. Union dues fund the representational services and bargaining that leads to higher wages and better benefits for SEIU 503 members.