See a summary of all of the current proposals here.
Classified workers at all seven public universities are currently bargaining for changes to our contract that cover wages, benefits, and workplace conditions like safety, telework, and more.
Who are Higher Education Workers? We are workers at all seven of Oregon’s public universities: Oregon Institute of Technology, Southern Oregon University, Western Oregon University, Oregon State University, Portland State University, Eastern Oregon University, and University of Oregon. We are joined together in union to make Oregon a better place to live and work.
What are we bargaining for? Our current contract expires on June 30, 2026. We’ve agreed with management to negotiate several articles of the existing contract this year. It’s an opportunity to get the respect, pay, and working conditions we deserve.
What do we want?
As a member-run union, our bargaining priorities are set by the membership. As a result of the bargaining surveys members filled out last summer, we are prioritizing respect for classified staff, fair wages that keep pace with the cost of living, safe working conditions, and maintaining our strong union.
October 5 and 6: OIT (Klamath Falls)
October 26 and 27: UO (Eugene)
November 7 and 8: OSU (Corvallis)
November 29 – December 1: PSU (Portland)
December 14 and 15: WOU (Monmouth)
Take action to support bargaining:
- Sign the strike pledge. You can find out more about the strike pledge here.
- Attend the December 15 rally at WOU
- Join the Higher Education Worker Facebook Group
- Purple Up Tuesdays! Classified workers at Oregon’s seven public universities are wearing purple every Tuesday until we win the contract we deserve. Make sure to wear purple every Tuesday and send a photo of you and your coworkers to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have campus allies sign our community support petition
Your Bargaining Team
SEIU 503 is a member-run union. Members elect a bargaining team of their peers every two years. With legal, negotiation, and logistical support from union staff, your bargaining team fights to make sure your priorities are reflected in the final contract.
Your Bargaining Team members are Ashley Wase (PSU), Colleen Martin-Low (SOU), Darryn Stevens (OIT), Jo Hickerson (EOU), Johnny Earl, Chair (UO), Louie Vidmar (UO), Mark Dunbar (OSU), and Samantha Brubaker (WOU).