- A 2% rate increase for all DD providers effective July 1, 2018.
- A 3% rate increase for all AMH providers effective July 1, 2018.
- A 2% rate increase for all APD providers effective February 1, 2018 and another 4.5% increase effective January 1, 2019.
- Improvements around Union representation, with the State agreeing to our request for more transparency as it relates to investigations and the investigation process.
- An agreement from the State that they will modify OARs to allow providers to hire staff on a preliminary basis while they wait for background check approval. This will allow AFH providers to start supervised training of new staff immediately, instead of having to waiting 4-6 weeks to start someone due to the backlog in the background check system.
- Transparency on which OARS you must follow if you have residents who fall outside your home licensing types.
- Improved transparency and information during abuse and neglect investigations, including the State’s responsibility to notify the provider of abuse or any allegations opened against them, and the nature of the investigation as legally required.
- A clear and consistent process that ensures AMH providers will get resident services authorized in a timely manner, avoiding loss of payments.
- Language that will ensure a resident’s support plan matches their assessment.
- In order to be in compliance with FLSA standards, providers can apply for variances to the 5 day a week resident manager requirement.
The next step in making the hard fought wins in these contract negotiations final is by voting yes to ratify the contract. Please stay tuned for next steps on how and when you can vote on the contract.
Please keep in mind that you must be a member of the Union to vote on the ratification of the contract. If you are not yet a member, please click on this link to begin the process.