SEIU 503 is a member-run union. Members elect a bargaining team of their peers every two years. With legal, negotiation and logistical support from union staff, your bargaining team fights to make sure your priorities are reflected in the final contract. Learn more.
In 2021, workers at all seven public universities bargained a new shared contract that covers wages, benefits, and workplace conditions like safety, telework, and more. On December 3, we reached a Tentative Agreement, and on December 29th, the contract was ratified through a vote by our membership!
- The Higher Ed Contract Has Been Ratified!
- Higher Ed Members Reach Tentative Agreement!
- Did you miss the September 23rd Unity Break? Watch it here!
- Bargaining Updates: November 22, October 27, October 8, September 21, May 18
- Vaccine Mandate Agreement!
- Higher Ed Bargaining Team Agreed to Delay Contract Negotiations, February 1
June 2021: The Legislature finalized the State budget, which allows us to begin negotiating over pay and other “economic” issues.
September 2021: Your bargaining team began negotiations with management.
December: Negotiations settled with a “tentative agreement”
December: Members voted to ratify the contract!