In 2021, university workers are bargaining a new contract that covers wages, benefits, and workplace conditions like safety, telework and more. Workers at all seven public universities bargain a shared contract that covers wages, benefits, paid leave and more.
Take action to support bargaining!
- Join the Higher Education Worker Facebook Group
- Sign this petition: Higher Ed Workers are Essential Workers! Pay us, protect us, respect us.
- Download an image to use as your Zoom background.
- Sign the pledge to support the campaign
- Find other ways to support your co-workers in winning a strong contract, including social media posts, profile picture frames, zoom backgrounds, and other options in the Digital Action Toolkit.
June 2021: The Legislature finalized the State budget, which allows us to begin negotiating over pay and other “economic” issues.
Fall of 2021: Your bargaining team will begin negotiations with management.
Winter 2021/2022: Negotiations will settle with a “tentative agreement”, then you will vote on the contract. The contract isn’t final until it’s approved by a majority of voting members.
SEIU 503 is a member-run union. Members elect a bargaining team of their peers every two years. With legal, negotiation and logistical support from union staff, your bargaining team fights to make sure your priorities are reflected in the final contract. Click photos for more information.